vineri, 4 iunie 2010

The tragedy of loving


It's the tragedy of loving, you can't love anything more than something you miss.
*

If there is no love in the world, we will make a new world, and we will give it walls, and we will furnish it with soft, red interiors, from the inside out, and give it a knocker that resonates like a diamond falling to a jeweller's felt so that we should never hear it. Love me, because love doesn't exist, and I have tried everything that does.
*

She wants to know if I love her, that's all anyone wants from anyone else, not love itself but the knowledge that love is there, like new batteries in the flashlight in the emergency kit in the hall closet.
*

Being with him made my brain quiet. I didn't have to invent a thing.
*

Why do beautiful songs make you sad?' 'Because they aren't true.' 'Never?' 'Nothing is beautiful and true.
*

.. I'm so afraid of losing something I love that I refuse to love anything.

Niciun comentariu: